Survey Results – Influence of COVID19 crisis on Independent Consultants
Mid of June, 2020 – three months of ‘smart lock-down’ and still going strong. When facing the new reality mid of March of this year, no one had been able to imagine that this would indeed last months rather than weeks. But here we are, three months down the road, arrived in the new reality as our political leaders keep telling us.
As an intermediary for independent IT & Business professionals we see changes in the market on a regular basis. Often enough this leads to a new vision and approach at our clients’ side.
At the same time it is very important for us to carefully watch the candidate / consultants’ side. Therefore EclectiC has conducted some market research amongst a group of a few hundred independent IT & Business Consultants with a special focus on the influence of the COVID 19 crisis on their business.
In a brief summary we would like to share the most important outcome:
- One third of all consultants have experienced changes to their assignment based on the COVID19 crisis
- 1 out of 5 consultants did not receive a prolongation or even experienced an early termination of their assignment
- 6 percent of all consultants had to lower their rate with an average discount of 7 percent
- In an exchange for project continutity about 11 percent of all consultants are prepared to lower their consulting rates
- Three fourth of the participants expect it to be more difficult to find a new assignment in the future due to the COVID19 crisis and its economic effects
- Despite the above mentioned challenges, a huge majority of all participants is a convinced independent consultant and would not seriously think about employment again
If you are interested in more details of the survey, please find enclosed the link to the results per question posed.
EclectiC, 30 years of experience in IT Sourcing
Joost Klaver – Sales Manager Joost-IT
EclectiC helpt Joost-IT in haar zoektocht naar IT-professionals. Doordat men zich verdiept heeft in onze organisatie en door goed te luisteren naar onze eisen en wensen is bijna elke aangedragen kandidaat een schot in de roos. Op deze manier hoeven wij als klant weinig tijd te investeren in sollicitatiegesprekken met kandidaten die niet bij ons organisatie passen. Wij kunnen ons concentreren op onze business, EclectiC doet de rest.